cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the maximum amount of protected vlans that an eaps instance can support?

What is the maximum amount of protected vlans that an eaps instance can support?

Edison
New Contributor II
Hi everybody, I want to include all vlans we have into the eaps rings, in one eaps ports I have 144 vlans, so I was concerned about the máximum quantity that an eaps instance can support
6 REPLIES 6

EtherMAN
Contributor III
Also make your choices wisely... when building an EAPS ring in an active network always bring the domain up first and make sure it is happy (all nodes say complete) then add your vlans to the domain to be protected starting at master and working around your ring.
Remember also eaps must be enabled globally and on each domain.
Last point is choice of where you are going to place your master and which port will be in blocking mode.
FYI we are up to about 1900 protected vlans on our 8900's so I know they are good up to that point. Something comes up when you start your configurations ask here and someone always answers ...

Andrew_Imam
Extreme Employee
EAPSv1 support a single physical ring ( simplest EAPS configuration) while EAPSv2 supports multiple physical rings and requires at least an Advanced Edge Licence. For more info on EAPSv2 and example topologies, please refer to the "EAPS Multiple Ring Topology" section in the EXOS User Guide specific to the version used in your network.

Edison
New Contributor II
Thank you very much to all, I have just downloaded this document and its a really good information resource, and now I dont know which versión of EAPS Im running, How do I know that? Is there any command to confirm the versión?

Andrew_Imam
Extreme Employee
Edison,
As you can see from the responses already provided, the supported limit may differ based on the specific switch platform and EXOS version in use but most switch platform can support alot more than 144 protected VLANs (generally can range between 500 and 2000 protected VLANs based on the switch platform when using EXOS 15.6 or later releases). You can check the "supported limits" section in the specific EXOS Release Notes matching the EXOS version used in your network and search for the keyword: EAPS to determine the maximum number of protected VLANs for either EAPSv1 or EAPSv2
GTM-P2G8KFN