cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X440g-2 switch alcatel ip phone LLDP advertisement

X440g-2 switch alcatel ip phone LLDP advertisement

nwmonster
New Contributor II

I am using X440-g2 switches and alcatel 4028 ip phones. I want to use voice and user vlan from 1 port. My port configuration is tagged "voice-vlan" and untagged "user-wired-vlan" . Phones take from untagged vlan. Phones should take from tagged vlan.

I tried this solutions but it's not working. https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000083139

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Schmotter__Ryan
Extreme Employee
When you do a sho lldp neighbors detailed command with the phone connected, what do you see?

nwmonster
New Contributor II
Up Up! 

nwmonster
New Contributor II
I am using same phones on my difference site with HP Comware switch series via tagged ports.

I am using Microsoft DHCP servers with right options value. But it's not important here , the phone needs to first accept the LLDP advertisement for tagged voice VLAN ID.

Steven_Emert
Extreme Employee
Be sure that the phones themselves have firmware that supports LLDP and are configured to use LLDP to accept the Tagged Voice VLAN ID presented via LLDP from the switch. Depending upon their age, IP Phones may be, by default, configured to place themselves into the default untagged VLAN and obtain their tagged VLAN ID from the DHCP options. The LLDP advertisements should be able to override that DHCP option and put the phone into the tagged voice VLAN immediately, even before it gets an address via DHCP. But of course, the phone needs to first accept the LLDP advertisement for tagged voice VLAN ID.
GTM-P2G8KFN