cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x450e-48p ports not active

x450e-48p ports not active

r_braunshier
New Contributor

I’ve got a  pre-used switch from a company and I did a reset to factory defaults and installed the latest image (summitX-15.3.5.2-patch1-19.xos) onto it. When i connect to any port (except the fiber-ports) of the switch, i can’t get a link. The state of any port is “Ready” but no device (Notebook, PC, ...) gets a link.

Only the fibre-Ports are working. What’s working wrong? Any suggestions? Many Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DrankThePurpleS
New Contributor III

I’ve learned too many times to not overlook the basics first. This happened to me recently on 670-g2.

What does the primary config do, or just paste if you want? Have you run, “run diagnostics extended”? Or, please forgive me for being obvious, but I’ve troubleshot an issues for hours, then start checking layer 1, simple as transceiver, bad cable, etc.

Tried known working cable with same working device on each port. Prior to that, plug in port 1,  with show port 1 with refresh on through your CLI. Or if this has been up for bit now, on any port you have tried, “show port 1 info detail”

Said working device is set for same vlan, sub, etc. What do you get with “show vlan” I’m assuming this is G1 device.

You must be able to console in, when your clear config do apply anything post clearing? 

Easy to check configs if extreme is new, on that firmware, just enable web http, real quick and check file chalet.

Again, I don’t assume anything, I recently thought I was applying restrict ACL policy in my lab, did to my prod, AGAIN. Had to drive in. One the one 670, the port was bad, but just the one.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DrankThePurpleS
New Contributor III

I’ve learned too many times to not overlook the basics first. This happened to me recently on 670-g2.

What does the primary config do, or just paste if you want? Have you run, “run diagnostics extended”? Or, please forgive me for being obvious, but I’ve troubleshot an issues for hours, then start checking layer 1, simple as transceiver, bad cable, etc.

Tried known working cable with same working device on each port. Prior to that, plug in port 1,  with show port 1 with refresh on through your CLI. Or if this has been up for bit now, on any port you have tried, “show port 1 info detail”

Said working device is set for same vlan, sub, etc. What do you get with “show vlan” I’m assuming this is G1 device.

You must be able to console in, when your clear config do apply anything post clearing? 

Easy to check configs if extreme is new, on that firmware, just enable web http, real quick and check file chalet.

Again, I don’t assume anything, I recently thought I was applying restrict ACL policy in my lab, did to my prod, AGAIN. Had to drive in. One the one 670, the port was bad, but just the one.

r_braunshier
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply!
Yes, I’ve tried to unconfigure the switch (all), disabled and enabled all ports. I’ve also tried to set the speed manually on both sides (auto off speed). On the second switch (x450e-24p) everything works fine.

I also picked the config of the working switch and uploaded it on the 48p-switch - without result 😞

run diagnostics extended says everything is fine.

Rene

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

braunshier,

did you tried “unconfigure switch all” and after reboot “enable port all”?

Mig

GTM-P2G8KFN