cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

x460-48p (gen1) with v.80 stacking - can't get it to work when replacing a device

x460-48p (gen1) with v.80 stacking - can't get it to work when replacing a device

Sarah_Seidl
New Contributor III
Hello,
We have a stack of x460-48p (gen 1 NOT gen 2) running code 16.2.2.4 patch 1-3. We had one slot reboot periodically (had tried replacing the power supply, power cable, stacking module and stacking cables) but it still reboots. So today we replaced the unit with a spare from stock and plan to RMA the defective. We got the code and partition setup properly (we have lots of practice with this exercise...... hooked up the replacement to the stack, but it won't join the stack so that we could give it a number and join the group. When we do show stacking on the existing stack, the new mac never shows up in any way. We tried unconfiguring switch all on the replacement switch and rebooting and even replaced the stacking module thinking maybe something was wacky with that. The code and partition is correct, there are no core licenses causing issues. The only thing that looks different with the replacement switch is the bootrom, it's newer at 2.0.2.3 versus the existing stack at 2.0.1.7 Could that be the cause of our issue? We had to get the switch band-aid connected b/c school day was starting so I wanted to see if there are any ideas that we can try to get it properly setup. There were no error messages on either the existing stack or the replacement device. And as mentioned we replace defective devices all the time so this is a head scratcher. Thanks in advance for ideas.

10 REPLIES 10

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
Hi Sarah,

sorry if you already did this but did you configure the stack port speed on the switch you are adding:

"configure stacking-support stack-ports all selection native v80"

Sarah_Seidl
New Contributor III
Hi Patrick,
Yes, the stacking ports light up between the switches.And the module shows up when I do a show ver on the replacement device.
Thank you

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
Are the stacking ports lighting up between the switches? If not, is the stacking module showing up in the new switch?

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
I was going to reply asking about the stacking protocol. That would be the only reason I can think of as to why it wouldn't show up.

David_Rahn
New Contributor
that was my guess, to look at the stacking protocol,

you've got me stumped as to why it wont appear.

GTM-P2G8KFN