Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional LAG ports in a stack

Additional LAG ports in a stack

Lynden63
New Contributor

Hello.

I am new to the community and this is my first post.

I am considering placing an older X450e-24p in an area where I need 12 additional switch ports (4 ports need PoE). The edge stack consist of four X440G2-48p switches and has LAG ports going to the core switch on the master and there are LAG ports on the backup, going to another X440G2-48p in another area. Can I configure LAG ports on one of the standby switches in the stack to connect the older X450? How would I configure the ports on the standby switch?

Sorry about the noob question, but I am new to Extreme and I do not want to cause the network to go down.

If you need additional information, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BradP
Extreme Employee

Hi Lynden63,

Thanks for contacting us.

You can absolutely create a LAG using the standby node, port nomenclature for these switches is “slot:port”, so Slot 2 port 1 would be port 2:1.

To create a share, you use the command 

enable sharing <master port> grouping <ports> {lacp}

The <ports> at the end includes the master port mentioned previously. Don’t forget to configure a share on the opposite side before bringing the ports up, or there will be a loop. Also, LACP is not required, but LACP must be specified on both sides of the share before the share will come up.

Thanks

Brad

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

BradP
Extreme Employee

Hi Lynden63,

Thanks for contacting us.

You can absolutely create a LAG using the standby node, port nomenclature for these switches is “slot:port”, so Slot 2 port 1 would be port 2:1.

To create a share, you use the command 

enable sharing <master port> grouping <ports> {lacp}

The <ports> at the end includes the master port mentioned previously. Don’t forget to configure a share on the opposite side before bringing the ports up, or there will be a loop. Also, LACP is not required, but LACP must be specified on both sides of the share before the share will come up.

Thanks

Brad

GTM-P2G8KFN