cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWS Extreme Switch MACSec

AWS Extreme Switch MACSec

kbetsis
New Contributor

Has anyone implemented MACSec with AWS and Extreme switches or routers?

What hardware would be suitable for a 100G AWS MACSec interconnection?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kbetsis
New Contributor

Hi @Sam Pirok 

Thanks for the answer, I’ve already contacted a system engineer and gotten a response.

In the meantime I wanted to see if someone had any actual experience with this use-case.

It seams that AWS MACSec integration cannot be supported with Extreme switches due to missing support on the XPN (64bit) feature.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kbetsis
New Contributor

Hi @Sam Pirok 

Thanks for the answer, I’ve already contacted a system engineer and gotten a response.

In the meantime I wanted to see if someone had any actual experience with this use-case.

It seams that AWS MACSec integration cannot be supported with Extreme switches due to missing support on the XPN (64bit) feature.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, hopefully someone has used that configuration before and can jump in here, but I wanted to mention that your second question regarding what hardware would be best, that is a better question for your local sales engineer. If you’re unsure who to reach out to for your sales engineer, please let me know generally where you are located and I will find a local contact for you to speak with. 

GTM-P2G8KFN