Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B5 sntp problem

B5 sntp problem

Volker
New Contributor
Hi,
one Enterasys B5 Switch (one of 15) can't get the correct Time from sntp server.
Message like "No active server- poll abortetd" are logged. All Definitions like Timezone, summertime, sntp server def's, etc. are correct. The Firmware states an equal. Restarting didnt fix the probelm.
All other B5 are working fine with sntp. What can i do to fix this ?
regards
Volker
4 REPLIES 4

Volker
New Contributor
Hi Carsten,
only the reset to factory default and new configure resolves the problem. Now sntp works fine.
thanks for help
Volker

C_Heitmann
New Contributor II
Hi Volker,
can you take a trace on the sntp-Server ? It would be interesting if the B5 sntp request arrived the server or not. If the request arrived the server, you could trace on the B5-site if the server response arrived at the B5.
Take a reboot to restart all services on the B5 and check it again.
Otherwise -if the configuration and SW ist the same like all other B5, i would reset the B5 to factory default, reboot und configure new.

regards,
Carsten

Volker
New Contributor
Hi Carsten,

yes i can ping the sntp-server by the B5. The host vlan is correct and the default vlan as well. The B5 is L2 Switch, there is no routing defined.

These B5 is exactly defined like a second b5 in the same vlan and like all other B5. by show sntp i get "Last SNTP Update: THU JAN 01 00:00:00 1970" every time. i deleted all the time statements in config and include all the parameters again. but nothing changes. the shown time is + 2hr.
regards
Volker

C_Heitmann
New Contributor II
Hi Volker,
is it possible to ping the SNTP-Server by the B5 ? - is the host-VLAN and the default gateway the right one ?

Is the B5 only working in L2-Mode - or did you have configured routing on it ?
Otherwise it could be possibel to use the "set sntp interface....." command.

Regards,
Carsten

GTM-P2G8KFN