cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Port Channel/Lag from Cisco to Enterasys

Creating a Port Channel/Lag from Cisco to Enterasys

Gary_Rollie
New Contributor
My name is Gary Rollie I am a Global Solution Engineer, I have a CCIE, JNCIE, as well as many other certs and publications. I currently work for Enterasys and have worked here for the past 6 years. On the ETS side it’s really simple. SSA-150-Fiber(su)->set lacp enable SSA-150-Fiber(su)->set port lacp port ge.1.1-12 enable This sets ports ge.1.13 to ge.1.24 to process lacp. This is the simplest way to make it work quickly. The more secure way is to define the ports and use a static lag. That said to convert it from dynamic to static doesn't take the lag down, so it can be a follow up task after the lag is established. On the Cisco side it’s a little more complicated. On the Cisco Switch these commands work across almost all models of the Cisco Switch line. CORE-HOU-01#conf t CORE-HOU-01(config)#interface range gigabitEthernet 0/49 – 52 I use the interface range command here to make the changes to 4 interfaces; this is similar to our ge.1.1-4 command. CORE-HOU-01(config-if-range)#lacp port-priority 888 I picked 888 any number from 1-65535 works this allows the port to join the lacp group CORE-HOU-01(config-if-range)#channel-group 1 mode active The Active part of the channel group command sets up the port channel on the Cisco side to talk LACP, if you don't do that the Cisco will revert to PaGP (Cisco proprietary protocol. Note: if you have a channel-group 1 defined this ports will be added to that channel-group if you have not created channel-group 4 the Cisco will automatically create an interface called po1/4 This is the output CORE-HOU-01(config-if-range)#channel-group 1 mode active Creating a port-channel interface Port-channel 1 CORE-HOU-01(config-if-range)#
2 REPLIES 2

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Hi Claire,

the default LACP timers are set to send one LACP PDU every 30s. The short or fast timers change this to one PDU every second. Both values are standardized and can usually be configured on the devices. If the timers don't match, the LAG will flap.

Edit: See e.g. How to Configure Dynamic LAGs with LACP on Securestack or Chassis based switches for information on EOS LAG configuration.

Erik

Claire_O_Keeffe
New Contributor
Hi! What has channel-group 4 got to do with it? 😄
We're struggling to bring up a PC between Cisco 3750 and Enterasys. LACP is enabled on both side but the cisco is receiving very few LACP PDUs. e.g. 5 in for every 135 out. Any ideas?
GTM-P2G8KFN