cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropping connection to members of a stack

Dropping connection to members of a stack

jsteinrock
New Contributor

I am working on building up a set of switch stacks. The stack uses an X670-G2 and 2 X460-G2 configured in a ring. The X460-G2’s are using VIM-2Q cards to support native stacking at V160. I am currently using the X670 as the master and slot 1 node in this configuration. 

The stack looks to be working with all members of stack connected and operational, but after some time, the Slot 1/Master will drop connection to the other two switches in the stack. The slot 2 and 3  are still able to see each other. It almost appears that both the stacking ports on the X670 drop and the stack fails over to the slot 2 and 3. From there, if I disconnect and reconnect either of the X670 to X460 connections, it re-connects, and recognizes the full stack again.

But After a few minutes, it will fail back to 2 and 3 being stacked, and 1 not able to talk to 2 and 3.  

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, thank you for your patience while I looked in to this. I wasn’t able to find any quick tips or existing bug reports for this issue, I think your best course of action would be to open a case for this issue so we can start troubleshooting with you. I’m sorry I couldn’t be more helpful here.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, thank you for your patience while I looked in to this. I wasn’t able to find any quick tips or existing bug reports for this issue, I think your best course of action would be to open a case for this issue so we can start troubleshooting with you. I’m sorry I couldn’t be more helpful here.  

GTM-P2G8KFN