cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to manually assign master role to a summit stack ?

how to manually assign master role to a summit stack ?

Kar_Del_Moral
New Contributor III
I'm new to summitStack configuration, my question about manually assign the master role, is because I need to connect the fiber uplink to the Active Core (our configuration is two Cores, Active-pasive) and the redundant link to the backup, or what do you recommend?
7 REPLIES 7

Patrick, one more question, for the LAG port configuration, doesn't matter if the links are one Active core and the other to the standby? Can this configuration "confuse" the Core ESRP and make them failover? :s

Kar_Del_Moral
New Contributor III
Hi Patrick,

I previously configure and connect a two switch stack, so no problem there, using the sfp ports One switch has the uplink to the active core, and the other one the backup.

Now, I'm configuring a 4 Summit X440-48t stack (to replace an old users Blackdiamond) and was wondering if the Master should have the active uplink and the backup the other one.... that's why my question about manually assign the role..

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
Hi Karina,

The stack acts as one logical unit so it does not matter which slot is the master. Are these links going to be a lag to the core? Can you provide a description of how you would like to connect them?
GTM-P2G8KFN