Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Edge

MS Edge

PeterK1
New Contributor
Hi,
we have Extreme Switches 4548GT-PWR HW:06 FW:5.3.0.3 SW:v5.6.2.027 BN:27 (c) Avaya Networks.

Usually we are able to access them using the web interface on Internet Explorer. As we have started to move most of our product to Microsoft Edge, we are not able to access them. Is there a configuration for this and are we able to user Chrome to access them as at the moment we are getting the same error

Hmmm… can't reach this page 10 .X.X.X refused to connect.
Try:

Search the web for 10 .X.X.X
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
Check your Internet connection
Check your network cables, modem, and routers.
Allow Microsoft Edge to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
If it's already listed as a program allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list, and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server:
Check your proxy settings. You might need to ask your organization if the proxy server is working. If you don't think you should be using a proxy server, go to Settings > System > Open your computer's proxy settings
1 REPLY 1

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee

Hi Peter.  I really wish I had better news for you.

But this happens as browsers like Edge, Safari, Chrome and Firefox get updates but the web server on the switch remains the same.   New browsers won't let you navigate to devices with older TLS certs. 

Unfortunately the ERS4500 are very old.  They went GA around 2007. They went end of sale around 2013, End of Software support in 2015 with the final release v5.7.3. There has been no updates since. So no updates to support new browsers and security features.

The ERS4500s are actually fully End of Service Life this month. 2021-Dec

There are work arounds, but as an Extreme employee I can't not recommend them here and they would not be supported.  And they could cause more problems than good. 

The ERS4500 had a great run.  I highly recommend looking at the UH5520 or UH5420 as a viable replacement.

GTM-P2G8KFN