cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network crashes when taking StackUnit 2 offline for repair

Network crashes when taking StackUnit 2 offline for repair

NewBee
New Contributor
We have a Matrix x4 for core switch and over 160 enterasys A,B,C stackable switches in our network. I took off a 2nd Unit of a C2 switch, which is in redundant connection to the Matrix X4. After power off the Unit, the network crashes for 1 or 2 minutes. I think, there is an error in the configuration of spanning tree or other things. But I dont know, how to fix it. Is there anywhere a config to view, how it should be configured for the X4 and the A,B,C Switches?
4 REPLIES 4

Tamera_Rousseau
New Contributor
Once we resolve this issue, we will post the solution in this topic. Thanks for reaching out and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Doug
Extreme Employee
Alexandra, We've opened a GTAC case ticket for tracking this issue. One of my colleagues from GTAC Germany will reach out to you directly. Doug Hyde Sr Support Engineer Enterasys Networks
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

NewBee
New Contributor
Hi Tamera, thank you for your reply. I have not already logged a trouble ticket with your GTAC phone support. Is there any support in german language? Maybe there is a missconfigured switch or spanning tree configuration the reason for our problems. I am not really familiar with configuring switches and spanning tree .... In Netsight Console there are errors I cant interpret well. I would be glad, if there is someone who can help soon.

Tamera_Rousseau
New Contributor
I am very sorry you are feeling frustrated with this issue and I have sent your request into our GTAC group and you should be hearing from us shortly. Have you already logged a trouble ticket with our GTAC phone support?
GTM-P2G8KFN