Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S1- Hardware Utilization (IDLE)

S1- Hardware Utilization (IDLE)

Rafael_Andres_M
New Contributor
Hi friends,

I have a problem, I have a s1 with approximately 1200 users, sometimes the computer processing up to 95%. In the show I can see that support the process up is one called "IDLE" I wonder which may be ocacionados this problem.
2 REPLIES 2

Raymond_Borg
New Contributor
On the other Hand what about the storage usage. I have the same number of users as Rafael and when I enter "Show System Utilization storage " I get "1048576KB Size 141879KB Available RAM " . That is ca. 85% Memory RAM usage. This permanent value was also confirmed when using OneView. What could be here the Problem? Is the Switchs'Memory underdimentioned?

I would appritiate it if I can get some Infos about this issue.

Thanks.

Langley__Michae
Extreme Employee
Hello Rafael Andres Martinez Jimene,

The 'idle' process is the percentage of time the CPU is not working, active, or being used.
It is normal for this task to have the highest percentage of time associated with it.
It is similar to the 'System Idle Process' on the Microsoft Windows Operating System.

If you run the command 'show system utilization cpu' it will show the total process utilization not including the 'idle' process.

If there are times when the 'show system utilization cpu' results show 95% you would then want to run the 'show system utilization process' command and see which non-idle process or processes are running high.

Thank you.
GTM-P2G8KFN