cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP Extreme Stack Member Table Missing Data

SNMP Extreme Stack Member Table Missing Data

Geoff_Mather
New Contributor
I have a couple Stacked Summit X250/X450 and I'm having trouble using the extremeStackMemberTable SNMP table. The OS version of these are 16.1.2.14. I am seeing the extremeStackMemberEntPhysicalIndex column returning as zero for all stack members of these stacks. This causes the various tools I use to not be able to link into the entPhysicalTable to gather serial numbers and os versions.

Is this a known issue or expected behaviour? If not, is there another way of making these associations of stack members to their respective data?

Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11

Geoff_Mather
New Contributor
I could have the switch type wrong, the OS version is what SNMP is reporting.

I don't believe the MIB file is the issue. I can correctly get SNMP data from the OIDs around the one I am only getting zero from. For example, extremeStackMemberMACAddress (1.3.6.1.4.1.1916.1.33.2.1.6) I can get correct MAC Address information for the stack members. The extremeStackMemberEntPhysicalIndex (1.3.6.1.4.1.1916.1.33.2.1.5) OID is returning zero, when it should be returning something like 2 or 3, corresponding to the entPhysicalIndex in entPhysicalTable for the stack member module. This happens on two separate stacks using this same hardware and version.

Dorian_Perry
Extreme Employee
Hi Geoff,

X250/X450 switches only support through EXOS 15.3.X. Therefore the version could not be 16.1.2.14. Could the issue be that the incorrect MIB file is being used?

Geoff_Mather
New Contributor
snmpwalk -v 2c -c * 1.3.6.1.4.1.1916.1.33.2.1.5

Sysoid of affected devices: 1.3.6.1.4.1.1916.2.213

Bharathiraja__S
Extreme Employee
Hi Geoff,

Also share the OID number.

Thanks
Suresh.B

Bharathiraja__S
Extreme Employee
Hi Geoff,

I could see you are using 16.1 MIB for this SNMP walk so please let me know the exact hardware which you are using.

what is the tool name.

Thanks,
Suresh.B
GTM-P2G8KFN