cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SummitStack slot unexpectedly resets

SummitStack slot unexpectedly resets

Robert_Zdziebło
New Contributor
Hi all, I got one X460 (slot-1) and one X440 (slot-2) in a stack, connected using standard SummitStack cables in a ring topology. Prior to slot-1 unexpected reboot, I had couple of the following entries in a log: Slot-1: IPv4 multicast entry not added. Hardware Group Table full. Could this slot-1 reset be due to some wrong (default) multicast configuration ? Both switches have the same 16.1.1.4 EXOS image. Regards  Robert
12 REPLIES 12

Fauriant_Trista
New Contributor
Your x460s are linked to other equipements via XGM3-2sf module ?

Robert_Zdziebło
New Contributor
So far I can say that it is not the cable issue: there are no rxerrors. GTAC case is open.

David_Rahn
New Contributor
look at the stacking ports for errors - ( show port stack-port rxerrors)

I had a switch rebooting and it seemed to be related to a bad stacking cable. I could see the rx crc error count climbing every second and getting extremely high then the slot would reboot...

I replaced the stacking cable and the errors stopped and the stack stayed up. - just a thought

Dave

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
I am not sure which slot this output was taken from but can you gather the same output from the opposite slot. You can do this through the master and type in "telnet slot , login, then run the command accordingly.

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
No problem. It has been done. Did you have any questions about my reply above?
GTM-P2G8KFN