Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SummitStack-V & 1000BaseT SFPs?

SummitStack-V & 1000BaseT SFPs?

Andrew_Butterwo
New Contributor
The datasheet for the Summit X440-G2 series states

"SummitStack-V allows use of standard 10Gb Ethernet cabling and optics technologies"

Does this include the pre-terminated 10GBase-CR twin-ax cables (10304, 10305, 10306 & 10307)? I am trying to cost up a small solution and need to stack four X440-G2-12p-10GE4 switches.

11 REPLIES 11

Hi.

can you please specify the source of this? I have not found such information in Datasheet nor in hardware installation guide.

if the 10306 is really not supported then we need to update documentation.

Thank you for cooperation.

Z.
Regards Zdeněk Pala

Aleixo_Gomes
Extreme Employee
10GB-ZR-SFPP

P/N for a 10GB 80KM SFP+

i believe above can be used for ports

I believe this 40Km limit is because the documentation has not been updated since the introduction of ZR/DWDM SFP+.

based on hardware installation guide = http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/summit/downloads/SummitFamily_HW_Install_EXOS21.pdf = long-distance stacking connectivity of up to 40 km

Connectivity is ok on 10GB-ZR-SFPP, but stacking can be tricky.
Regards Zdeněk Pala

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Yes. You can stack stackable 440-G2 with any other stackable summit over any supported 10G interface. That include the direct attach cables.

There is a limitation that all devices must run the same version of firmware, and the cable must be supported.

There are 4 10G capable ports on The model you mentioned. Two of those ports can be used for stacking. No license is needed for stacking.

Regards..
Regards Zdeněk Pala
GTM-P2G8KFN