cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is 802.1x Client Scaling feature ?

What is 802.1x Client Scaling feature ?

Robert_Zdzieblo
Contributor II

I’ve found this feature in 220 Series datasheet.

Anyone knows what is this functionality for ?

Found no info in “200 series administration guide” (?).

REGARDS

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert, thank you for your patience while we looked in to this for you. That feature refers to how the 200 series interacts with authentication. Once a client authenticates on a port, the port is open.  Where the scaling aspect comes into play is that if for example you have a dumb hub with several clients and one of the clients authenticates with 802.1x what ever attributes the client receives grants all of the clients on that port the same.  So scaling seems to mean one authentication for many clients. 

Please let me know if I can clarify anything. Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Robert_Zdzieblo
Contributor II

Hi Sam,

Your answer seems to be clear for me.

Thank you.

Robert

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hi Robert, thank you for your patience while we looked in to this for you. That feature refers to how the 200 series interacts with authentication. Once a client authenticates on a port, the port is open.  Where the scaling aspect comes into play is that if for example you have a dumb hub with several clients and one of the clients authenticates with 802.1x what ever attributes the client receives grants all of the clients on that port the same.  So scaling seems to mean one authentication for many clients. 

Please let me know if I can clarify anything. Hope that helps!

Robert_Zdzieblo
Contributor II

Hi Sam, no pressure - just let me know when you find something.

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hi Robert, I’m sorry for the long wait here. I just wanted to let you know I’m still looking in to this for you and I’ll update this thread as soon as I know more. Thank you very much for your patience so far. 

GTM-P2G8KFN