cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Users for ssh-login

Create Users for ssh-login

BRMS
New Contributor II

Im searching for a way to create users on our vsp 8600 to login via ssh.

the default user “rwa” got renamed to admin and works well with password and ssh-key. unfortunately i haven’t found a way to create a new user with full rwa rights.

hsecure and enhanced security mode are disabled.

with:

username XXX level rwa

i managed to rename the admin user which isn’t what i wanted. the documentation “administering vsp operating system” says:

The administrator then configures default logins and passwords for the other users based onthe role-based authentication levels of the user. For more information on enhanced securemode, see System access security enhancements on page 292.

but doesn’t mention how and advises against changing the mode without reconfiguring the whole system.

is it even possible to create multiple users without using hsecure or enhanced security mode?

3 REPLIES 3

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

The VSP 8600 is a chassis architecture with separate CPs, Switch Fabrics and IO cards (each of which runs its own software). The other VSP standlone platforms run a single image on a single CP and single Broadcom chipset.

BRMS
New Contributor II

thanks for the information. im curious, whats the reason that the vsp 8600 doesn’t use the same firmware version every other vsp uses?

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

The functionality to have multiple users per role type was added in VOSS7.0:

7.0.0.0 SW Multiple CLI users per role: up to 10 users can now be defined using roles rwa/rw/ro

But this feature is not yet on the VSP8600, which has a separate software train from the other VSP platforms. PLM tells me it is coming in the next 8.0 release (should be out Q3 this year), as demo only.

Then you will be able to do this:

VSP8400-4:1(config)#% user ?

add         Create a user

WORD<1-20>  Enter user name

VSP8400-4:1(config)#% user add ?

WORD<1-20>  The user name

VSP8400-4:1(config)#%

Right now you don’t have the “add” option on VSP8600.

GTM-P2G8KFN