cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERS 4850 stuck fw 5.65

ERS 4850 stuck fw 5.65

leeso
New Contributor
I have purchased some used Avaya Ethernet Routing Switch 4850GTS-PWR+, however they are on:

HW:12 FW:5.6.0.18 SW:v5.6.3.024 BN:24

I need the software image for 5.6.5 or 5.7 and diagnostic image 5.8.0.01 or 5.8.0.03
then I can download the rest from Extreme networks site and update to the latest version, unless it is possible to update straight to 5.9 but the available documentation does not indicate you can do that. The avaya site is locked down so can't download anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee
Astroba. Thanks for the reply and I understand your frustration with the reply to lesso

Here are the details. Over 12 months ago a public notice was published stating that pre-v5.9 software would not be distributed by Extreme. There was a window for customers with support contracts to fetch any of the releases they required. This was followed by the ERS4800 EoSale announcement a few months later.
The ERS4800 went EoSale in late 2018.

Link to Software Notice: https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/101046832

We encourage all our customers to buy switches with support from authorized partners. Keep the switches up to date as required for their business and use software releases that are under support lifecycle. And keep their own libraries for End of Support products and software versions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee
Astroba. Thanks for the reply and I understand your frustration with the reply to lesso

Here are the details. Over 12 months ago a public notice was published stating that pre-v5.9 software would not be distributed by Extreme. There was a window for customers with support contracts to fetch any of the releases they required. This was followed by the ERS4800 EoSale announcement a few months later.
The ERS4800 went EoSale in late 2018.

Link to Software Notice: https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/101046832

We encourage all our customers to buy switches with support from authorized partners. Keep the switches up to date as required for their business and use software releases that are under support lifecycle. And keep their own libraries for End of Support products and software versions.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III

Paul is correct, and that's the only answer we can give unfortunately.
I've removed your contact information from the responses. We cannot condone this type of sharing.

@leeso I understand there's some frustrations here. Please don't ask for others to provide software to you on our forum, as it effectively equates to software piracy.

astrooba
New Contributor
No really good answer from an Extreme Employee....I think.
I can help with 5.7 runtime image (secure version??) and diag 5.8.0.03

Send me a mail to [removed]

Admin edit: The forum isn't for sharing software outside of our normal distribution means.

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee
For reason beyond our control, Extreme Networks only publishes v5.9 and newer. And to the best of my knowledge all the code has now been removed from the Avaya site.
GTM-P2G8KFN