Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems SSHing into VSP 4450

Problems SSHing into VSP 4450

yoshikidneo
New Contributor

Hello, 

We are currently setting up some new switches for our company, and have ran into a strange issue with SSH capabilities. We have 4 of these switches set up, and all of them are interconnected through one another. When we SSH into them via Putty over a link we made to the main switch, it works for all of them except one. In order to SSH into that switch, we have to SSH into one of the other switches, and then run the SSH command line to get into the odd ball switch. Just wanted to know if anyone has experienced this before and has a potential fix. Currently we have these SSH configs enabled from a show run.

boot config flags sshd

ssh max timeout 60

ssh max session 5

ssh

Not sure where to look for other ssh configs, that command would also be helpful. Worst case, we might try wiping the switch and re-config from scratch. Any help is appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

Also check your known_hosts file, if the server key has changed the SSH client might refuse to connect until you have deleted the entry from the known_hosts file.

sdockham
New Contributor II

In addition to what Paul Leroux recommended, I would check your access policies.

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee

I have seen this before.   Double check that your laptops and your switches all have unique IPs.  A duplicate Mgmt IP will certainly screw things up.    its the first thing I look at when folks experience inconsistent management capabilities. 

As a sanity check, I would disable SSH and see if you have the same issue with TELNET.

GTM-P2G8KFN