cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSPAN Help

RSPAN Help

CraigB
New Contributor II

I do have something urgent to ask, Any help would be great.

In the diagram below I have two SBCs as shown, SBC HA1 Is live and HA2 is there for backup, and Yes the call recording server is not dual homed.

I can mirror the traffic from port 1/31 to port 1/20 without issues and that config is simple.  If SBC HA1 fails and SBC HA2 becomes active what are the commands to RSPAN over to 1/20 on VSP4850 Core 1.

Since we are running above version 6.x in know I can RSPAN across.

dfe4e075c84a4edfb65a67c3929a8be9_c4611feb-4eec-42b2-846d-b73128f93e33.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

This will only work if the VSPs are part of the same SPB Fabric.

VSP4850-2: mirror-by-port 1 in-port 1/31 monitor-isid-offset 1 mode both|rx qos <0-5>

VSP4850-1: monitor-by-isid 1 monitor-isid-offset 1 egress-ports 1/20

The QOS setting might be important for you; if you omit it, it will default to CoS 1 which is a scavenger queue with lower priority than best effort Cos 0; so you might want to set it to 0 (or higher than 1).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigB
New Contributor II

Many thanks Ludo,  I think I met you with Didier once a few years ago.

I tested this, and it works well, but as when you enter the command on the VSP4850-1 you cant use that egress port 1/20 for anything other than recieving the spanned traffic.

So I’ve changed the design and had it checked with NICE, the call recorder can have a seperate management port while recording on the spanned link, So All management conenctions are in resilient on the 7254s.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

This will only work if the VSPs are part of the same SPB Fabric.

VSP4850-2: mirror-by-port 1 in-port 1/31 monitor-isid-offset 1 mode both|rx qos <0-5>

VSP4850-1: monitor-by-isid 1 monitor-isid-offset 1 egress-ports 1/20

The QOS setting might be important for you; if you omit it, it will default to CoS 1 which is a scavenger queue with lower priority than best effort Cos 0; so you might want to set it to 0 (or higher than 1).

GTM-P2G8KFN