lacp enable
lacp key 10
lacp mode passive

interface gigabitethernet 1/2
lacp aggregation enable
lacp enable
lacp key 10
lacp mode passive

I think I done the lacp config, but I need to add vlan on this.
When I do the below,

"vlan members add 3 1/"

I am having the error

"other ports are using the same key. Can not change port vlan membership"

Thanks,
Best Regards
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

Gents

VSP LACP was changed a while back (VSP9000 rel 3.2.0.0 for the record; all modern VSPs descend from that) to allow dynamically adding or deleting of VLANs on LAG ports (without having to disable LACP on the ports). For this to work, the LAG ports must already be aggregated and active members of the MLT id configured for the same LACP key.

You then use either of these commands:

[no] vlan mlt <vlan-id> <mlt-id>
[no] mlt <mlt-id> vlan <vlan-list>
vlan members add|remove <vlan-id> <port-list>

The 1st two commands are preferred; if using the latter you need to make sure all ports in the MLT are specified.

The issue of having to disable LACP on the port is only if some of the ports are NOT active members of the MLT and you have configured them with the same key. Now in this case, the third and last command listed above will give an error. But the 1st two commands remain operational (without needing to disable LACP on the ports).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

IgorN
New Contributor

Thanks Ludovico, this may help for the similar changes in the future 8b591eca1c314884913d60c56f93efd0_1f44d.png

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

Gents

VSP LACP was changed a while back (VSP9000 rel 3.2.0.0 for the record; all modern VSPs descend from that) to allow dynamically adding or deleting of VLANs on LAG ports (without having to disable LACP on the ports). For this to work, the LAG ports must already be aggregated and active members of the MLT id configured for the same LACP key.

You then use either of these commands:

[no] vlan mlt <vlan-id> <mlt-id>
[no] mlt <mlt-id> vlan <vlan-list>
vlan members add|remove <vlan-id> <port-list>

The 1st two commands are preferred; if using the latter you need to make sure all ports in the MLT are specified.

The issue of having to disable LACP on the port is only if some of the ports are NOT active members of the MLT and you have configured them with the same key. Now in this case, the third and last command listed above will give an error. But the 1st two commands remain operational (without needing to disable LACP on the ports).

IgorN
New Contributor
Hi all, I have a similar task, 2x VSP7200 stacked switches are connected with 4x10G ports in a LAG to a Cisco VHS cluster, at Cisco end it is a single PortChannel. Now we need to add new VLANs to this LAG and for that we have to disable and re-enable LACP on both VSP switches. Is this service-affecting? Obviously it will happen out of hours, but if it is affecting then the change window and amount of regression testing on the apps side, and overall perceived risk will be much larger.
Thanks!

Martin_Sebek
New Contributor III
Copy and paste from the VSP documentation.

When you add a VLAN to a dynamic MLT, only the active ports of the MLT are added as port members of the VLAN. Ports configured with the same aggregation key, but not active, are not added to the VLAN. If these inactive ports become active later, the system does not automatically add them to the VLAN port member list.You must add all inactive ports to the VLAN. If you do not add the inactive ports to the VLAN, when they become active later, hashing can result in choosing a newly active port for traffic forwarding. Because the port is not a port member of the VLAN, traffic will be dropped. When you add the VLAN to the MLT, also add the inactive aggregation ports to the VLAN. You may need to disable LACP on the inactive ports before you can add them to the VLAN. Because the ports are inactive, disabling LACP does not cause a traffic interruption.

So in case of dynamic MLT the prefered way is to add vlan on individual ports. And while doing this LACP cannot be enabled on those ports. That's why I recommended disabling lacp, add ports to the vlan and enable lacp again. From the question it is not clear if all ports are active members or not.

GTM-P2G8KFN