cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True VSP Fabric BCB IP management

True VSP Fabric BCB IP management

Michael_Wentwor
New Contributor
Please provide build information to build a Fabric, and IP managing the BCB Core switches from a Central station, because once you add a management C-VLAN it's no longer a BCB with only NNI interfaces. When you elable IP Shortcuts, the Core learns all the routes.

I could create a non-isid vlan and manage the Cores, but are there better options?

Is there any technique of managing a BCB without adding IP Shortcuts, because I don't believe a true BCB should be aware of all the routes.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Michael_Wentwor
New Contributor
Thanks for the response Paul.
My statement "I could create a non-isid vlan and manage the Cores" was due to only having 4450s in our LAB, but yes, the OOB interface on the 8000s.

So, you're not aware of any other way of achieving IP management of the BCB doesn't cause the route learning......some special command?

Thanks again anyway....much appreciated.

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee
Are you using VSP7200s or 8000?

If your BCB are VSP7000s or VSP8000s you can set up the Out-of-Band management interface with a Management IP.

On the VSP7Ks and 8K, the OoB interfaces is not routed, does not participate in the fabric, and is not part of the routing table.
GTM-P2G8KFN