Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VLAN Isolation

VLAN Isolation

stefanhue
New Contributor

Hi,

we want to redesign our vlan architecture and move from location based vlans to device based vlans ( e.g all printers in a one vlan ). I would need to create the vlan on 35 VOSS Access Switches and our 2 Core Switches.

The thing that is buggin me is that i would like to reduce the amount of broadcast. Other than VoIP there is no need for the devices to communicate with each other. One solution would be to use private vlan, but our edge switches that are connected to the voss access switches are not able to do private vlan. 

The solution i would like to have is, that each access switch would have for e.g the vlan 10 created and only being able to communicate with our core switch which is our main router (also has our central firewall connected to it).

I also thought about using filter acl, but i don't think that is an elegant solution.

I'm grateful for any idea 🙂 Thanks in advance !

1 REPLY 1

Shaja
New Contributor

Hi 

You can take a look on E-Tree ISID

Today printers use a print server that mean  the print server is a hub and all your printer are the spokes.

There no traffic between spokes make it more secure.

https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/VOSS/SW/83/VOSSUserGuide/GUID-FC43B55F-B42D-4C32-B4E0-CE34...

GTM-P2G8KFN