Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

802.1x not working on virtual EXOS ?

802.1x not working on virtual EXOS ?

Stefaniak_Fabie
New Contributor

hi,

i try to make a model of network, because i need to implement in my traineeship a 802.1x for a customer who have 20 x460 switch.

note:
the radius server is a NPS of a Windows 2012 r2
auth protocol: PEAPv0

i have try with Virtual EXOS to implement a test of configuration but i don't understand why i'm not detect any outbound packet of the switch whereas i detect correctly a ping from the switch to the Windows server or the opposite.

i have read "Virtual EXOS installations are not officially supported by GTAC and not all features and functions are implemented." but there are no details ...

Someone can confirm the support of the 802.1x by the VM and/or have a idea to correct the problem ?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Antonio_Opromol
Contributor II
Hi, my hypervisor is vmware ESX 5.5 and the vswitch where AD is connected is configured as follow:

b0d1f3ac1f0c46c1b9bfbdc1e7e374d2_RackMultipart20160802-44323-12ydnkc-Capture_inline.jpg

ok
thank you

Stefaniak_Fabie
New Contributor
thank for your reply, sorry for to be not reactive but this project was pending ...

i have advance on this model but i have mac address error with the Active Directory Server. Did you use also Virtual Box or what is VM environment ?

Antonio_Opromol
Contributor II
Hi Fabien, I've got dot1x in my virtual exos and I'm also using w2k12 r2 NPS as radius server for the authentication...and is working... My NPS policy is defined as:

5d72b2bf3aba41bc9d44e39f592bd908_RackMultipart20160727-35741-1kmephz-7_inline.jpg

GTM-P2G8KFN