Did you mean: 

AeroScout Location-based Solution ?

AeroScout Location-based Solution ?

Shooter_Chiang
New Contributor II
Hi Everyone,

Extreme Wireless V2110 : V9.15
AP Model : AP3825i

I try to using an AeroScout Location-based Solution,setting as V9.15 User Guide,

but AeroScout Server can't find the AP device,does anyone using AeroScout Wifi Tag

with Extreme AP3825i or any model work before ?

Thanks

Regards,
Shooter

8 REPLIES 8

Raffi
Extreme Employee
It should work.

What version of Aeroscout Tag and Server Engine are you using?

When adding the aps in the aeroscout system manager, make sure that the ip you put in is the ip of the controller. You also have to enter the mac address of the ap ( you can find that in the controller gui, reports->ap inventory ).

Once the ap is added you can right click it and ping ( which should be successful ), and push the lbs config and get status.

Put in the ip of the aeroscout system manager in the wireless controller. ( also make sure that the aeroscout services are started on the system manager machine )

Make sure you set the channel selection in the aeroscout tag manager to be the channel the ap is set to. If you are testing, choose a channel on your ap, you need to be broadcasting at least 1 wlan service for the radio to switch on. Set to b/g for this model of tag.

Make sure that transmission is set to WDS.

Push the general and transmission setting changes to the tags.

I can send some screenshots to you directly via email.

Doug
Extreme Employee
Per AP you need to have "Enable location-based service" checked off.
Then in the Controller GUI look for the tab marked Controller---Service Tab---Location-Based Services select AeroScout, enter in the server IP. That should be it....
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Doug
Extreme Employee
Did you check the information that my colleague Raffi posted below? Can you supply a little more data about the Tag and Server versions you are using? We also may need to look at your AreoScout settings on the server to make sure it's properly configured.

Thanks,

Doug
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Shooter_Chiang
New Contributor II
I already setting as you said , and the same as user guide,
but AeroScout Server response not work.
GTM-P2G8KFN