Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarifying Mesh support for current AP models

Clarifying Mesh support for current AP models

aytan_kiziltan1
New Contributor

Hello, 

I need exact data which AP model supports Mesh technologies. I know WING series has MeshConnex, CloudIQ ( aerohive) series has mesh. CloudIQ’s mesh focus backhaul. But Wing’s MeshConnex is real mesh solution.
Please give more details and which model supports.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hello Aytan,

Since WiNG 7.5.2.0 AP models AP310, AP360, AP510i/e and AP560i/h (and older ones that are supported) support MCX. Not sure about 4xx series right now though but if 3xx already supports then 4xx should support it too.

What models are you thinking about? What do you expect from a mesh solution?

Indeed, what Sam says, having a chat with some SE would be the best to guide to for making a well-suited choice.

If it’s more about configuration part, let us know.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Damian, I’m not finding a direct replacement for that model, I think this is a question best left to the sales team. I will send you a direct message in just a moment with an SE’s contact information in Australia to speak with. 

damian3
New Contributor

I have the same question about current APs that run MCX as MPRs, MPs and VMMs. My client environment currently has a VX9000, running version 5.9.8.3-003R, managing a mesh network comprised of AP7562s as MPRs and MPs. We now want to expand the network with more AP7562s as MPs and VMMs. Given that the AP7562 is no longer orderable, what is the most compatible, current AP suitable to be integrated into this network? This site is in Australia, @Sam Pirok.

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hello Aytan,

Since WiNG 7.5.2.0 AP models AP310, AP360, AP510i/e and AP560i/h (and older ones that are supported) support MCX. Not sure about 4xx series right now though but if 3xx already supports then 4xx should support it too.

What models are you thinking about? What do you expect from a mesh solution?

Indeed, what Sam says, having a chat with some SE would be the best to guide to for making a well-suited choice.

If it’s more about configuration part, let us know.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, that is a great question for your local service engineer (SE), I’d recommend reaching out to them for this question. If you’re unsure who to reach out to for your SE, please let me know generally where you are located and I will find you a local contact to speak with. 

GTM-P2G8KFN