Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected wireless clients are not shown in NAC's End-Systems

Connected wireless clients are not shown in NAC's End-Systems

Ilya_Semenov
Contributor
Hello, team,

I have Netsight (7.1.1.9), NAC (7.1.1.9) and V2110 (10.43) installation. Both NAC and V2110 were added to Netsight console using SNMP v3 and they are OK (green).

Now I try to configure wireless users authorization through the NAC.

The problem is wireless clients are not shown in NAC's End-Systems tab, but they are in Wireless tab. When they connect to SSID they get TO NAC's portal interface, then they pass authorization with they AD credentials and then NAC freezes with Endless registration. Experienced guys say: bring you clients to NAC's End-Systems tab first. How? They don't appear there.

What most likely could be the problem?

Many thanks in advance,
Ilya

34 REPLIES 34

Didn't get any emails. Could you please copy it to iliyasemenov@mail.ru?

The previous post was a bit emotional, excuse me.

Just sent you email. We can follow up next week.

Oh, Yury, I am so tired with Extreme N in general and with NAC in particular...

Could you please enlight me:

1) Where can I see setting for Guest Access and Unregistered roles to create them in V2110?
2) How can I make NAC to DO NOT SHIFT time to +1 hour. Every day I change it -1hr but in appromixately 12hrs it again sets it to +1 to local time. There is correct time in Hyper-V.
3) I've rebooted host with NAC, EMC and V2110. Now NAC is green in XMC, but amber in NAC console. When I open 192.168.1.200 I got long screen:

9e64409604484829ad708914d1da7316_RackMultipart20180525-5170-j41ahg-xxxxxxxxxx_inline.jpg

and then it fails with:

9e64409604484829ad708914d1da7316_RackMultipart20180525-5170-s63gbt-dsfsdfsdsdfsdddddddddddddd_inline.jpg

WTF????

Yes , I believe you can directly upgrade from 7.1 to 8.0 , although please check Releats notes first .
But it's ok , you can create those roles manually on EWC - make sure the names of the roles are exactly "Unregistered" and "Guest Access" becouse that's what NAC send back by default.

I have the same in 7.1...

It would be difficult to me to upgrade my XMC&NAC installation. Both works under Hyper-V. Are there any upgrade manuals? Does it possible to make direct upgrade from 7.1 to 8.x?

Also, in 7.1 applying policy to EWC in Switches tab on NAC console doesn't work. I choose any policy - Default or Extreme Control, click Apply and then OK, Enforce changes and after Policy Domain column is empty for EWC. What is it? A bug?
GTM-P2G8KFN