Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected wireless clients are not shown in NAC's End-Systems

Connected wireless clients are not shown in NAC's End-Systems

Ilya_Semenov
Contributor
Hello, team,

I have Netsight (7.1.1.9), NAC (7.1.1.9) and V2110 (10.43) installation. Both NAC and V2110 were added to Netsight console using SNMP v3 and they are OK (green).

Now I try to configure wireless users authorization through the NAC.

The problem is wireless clients are not shown in NAC's End-Systems tab, but they are in Wireless tab. When they connect to SSID they get TO NAC's portal interface, then they pass authorization with they AD credentials and then NAC freezes with Endless registration. Experienced guys say: bring you clients to NAC's End-Systems tab first. How? They don't appear there.

What most likely could be the problem?

Many thanks in advance,
Ilya

34 REPLIES 34

Ilya_Semenov
Contributor
Gentlemen,

all answers with one screenshot below.

1) MAC auth is on.
2) NAC is the RADIUS server
3) NAC and V2110 are connected to Netsight and both are OK.

6e9126dcd6404838ae7e5df714027a67_RackMultipart20180523-15497-j0s210-NAC_MAC_are_OK_inline.jpg

Keene__Scott
Extreme Employee
Hello,

Be sure the wireless WLAN has RADIUS enabled and is pointed to the NAC appliance (and with the proper shared secret). The End System needs to show up in NAC Manager from RADIUS first, before the captive portal login can be attempted. If your user is not authenticated with RADIUS first, the the captive portal will not work..so in this case the Default "unauthenticated" behavior of the wireless controller should not redirect users to NAC's Captive Portal..ie, only the "authentciaetd" Role should do this.

Regards,

Scott Keene
NMS/NAC Support

Hello, Scott,

The WLAN has RADIUS enabled and it is pointed to NAC with proper (default) shared secret.

Ostrovsky__Yury
Extreme Employee
Looks like you forgot to enable MAC-auth on WLAN service.

Hello, Yury,

I didn't.
GTM-P2G8KFN