Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme V2110 Remote SCP Backup Failing

Extreme V2110 Remote SCP Backup Failing

dleboeuf
New Contributor

Hello,

I am coming to the community forms because I can't seem to find any documentation from searching the support portal regarding this error and am stuck.

I am trying to set up remote backups using SCP on a V2110 controller and am having issues getting it working. This controller was using FTP but the FTP server was decommissioned so I am trying to migrate to SCP. I have the SCP configured with a basic un/pw combo and have the same un/pw combo configured in the V2110 controller. Whenever I try to copy the config file to the remote server I am getting the following error "FAIL: Server responded with EOF." this happens in both the GUI and the CLI. I have tried changing the root directory on the SCP server and get the same results, I have tried different un/pws as well with no luck. I tried installing the SCP server on an administrator account as well with no luck. In the V2110 settings, if I change the directory to match the root directory on the SCP server I get the following error "FAIL: Permission denied." Windows firewall is disabled on the SCP server, and there's no firewall in between the WLC and the SCP server, they are on the same subnet. There are no ACLs configured on these switches as well so nothing should be getting blocked. To me it feels like something with the SCP server, but there's not much else I can configure in the SCP server, I can't seem to find any logs either on the SCP server. This is SolarWinds SCP Server by the way. Has anyone else ran into this before? My guess is it's something dumb I just have never had issues with it before.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

I would search for the logs of Solarwinds SCP Server. C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds would be a good start. Or maybe the config file is adjusted so that no logs are generated. You can modify this file with a text-editor.

What happens when you use any SCP-Client (except WinSCP) to connect to the SCP-Server?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ty_Kolff
New Contributor II

Like Stefan mentioned, I would try a nother SCP client.  Do you know what ciphers Solarwinds is using for the SCP connection?  Can you change the ciphers?  Have you tested the credentials via ssh to verify they are working?

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

I would search for the logs of Solarwinds SCP Server. C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds would be a good start. Or maybe the config file is adjusted so that no logs are generated. You can modify this file with a text-editor.

What happens when you use any SCP-Client (except WinSCP) to connect to the SCP-Server?

GTM-P2G8KFN