Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meraki MR AP's Integration with AVAYA IDE RADIUS

Meraki MR AP's Integration with AVAYA IDE RADIUS

BlacKnight
New Contributor
Hi there,

We are adding 20 Meraki MR45 APs beside 40 existing AVAYA Wirelss APs ; however, the client currently is using Avaya Identity Engines Ignition Server IDE (RADIUS) which performs authentication and identity services. Unfortunately under authenticator details, I can't find Meraki under "Vendor" drop menu (Cisco is there)...

Is there a way to confirm that Meraki MR 45 will be authenticated via AVAYA RADIUS ?

5b5f49546b634bb0acd550f9b164f750_cefdafe1-e5c9-4d40-b3bc-9c527adae4c4.png

8 REPLIES 8

BlacKnight
New Contributor
Thanks so much Robert for your help!

Unfortunately, there is no respond from the email address you provided.
I've been contacting Meraki support in order to get the required info for RADIUS attribute Files: (RADIUS VSA Name/ Attribute Type) and vendor ID for Meraki MR

We are going for live deployment in two days; and I can't risk it if the AVAYA IDE RADIUS doesn't accept Cisco vendor for Meraki.

This is the last message from Meraki support :

" think you'll probably have to create a custom device template in the Avaya IDE. I haven't tested with any of this so I can only try to point you in the right direction.

You should know that for dynamic VLAN assignment and group policy assignment Meraki expects the RADIUS server to use any of these four fields (you can configure which one it's actually sending):
https://yuzje69629.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/8709iB0E81EC5044A9F05/image-size/large...

The following page also provides details about these from a numeric perspective:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-network-access-attributes/ta-p/3616253#toc-hId...

See if you can figure out a way to have Avaya IDE send one of these."

and

"I don't think Meraki has its own Vendor ID. As I posted before it integrates nicely with third party RADIUS servers and works with multiple fields from multiple vendors. You just need to configure which field your RADIUS is going to send to the authenticators (in this case the APs)."

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee
Thank you.

Please note that Identity Engines is now end of sale as of December 2018 so it is very likely a demo request would not be honored making the request via the portal in this manner.

Please reach out to the email address provided.

BlacKnight
New Contributor

The sales representative

5cbdb75a90994d9c9f039d70fafa2233_885d599d-b3e3-42d2-8e89-bd0f6c2e4e3a.png

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee
BlacKnight - while trial licenses for Identity Engines Ignition server are available, they are only available to customers on request who have a valid support contract who require them for specific scenarios/purposes.

They are no longer provided freely.

You may make a request datalicensing@extremenetworks.com. Who is 'they'?
GTM-P2G8KFN