Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meraki MR AP's Integration with AVAYA IDE RADIUS

Meraki MR AP's Integration with AVAYA IDE RADIUS

BlacKnight
New Contributor
Hi there,

We are adding 20 Meraki MR45 APs beside 40 existing AVAYA Wirelss APs ; however, the client currently is using Avaya Identity Engines Ignition Server IDE (RADIUS) which performs authentication and identity services. Unfortunately under authenticator details, I can't find Meraki under "Vendor" drop menu (Cisco is there)...

Is there a way to confirm that Meraki MR 45 will be authenticated via AVAYA RADIUS ?

5b5f49546b634bb0acd550f9b164f750_cefdafe1-e5c9-4d40-b3bc-9c527adae4c4.png

8 REPLIES 8

BlacKnight
New Contributor
Thanks for your reply!

I'm trying to test the setup in my home server (I've got Meraki AP) and I just downloaded IDE ignition server 9.3.2. & Dashboard.
The only issue here is that I can't get the demo/trial license (30 days) for the IDE . I have requested the demo license and they said that someone will contact me but unfortunately I've heard nothing from them.

Could you please help to get the demo license ?

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee
That would be a question for your vendor, Meraki (aka Cisco). You can also likely find this information from Google searching for Meraki API / RADIUS dictionary as these are common search terms for any given vendor.

Identity Engines provides you the flexibility / capability to add in any new vendor or RADIUS attributes for use with the appliance. It would be a matter of obtaining the correct information and adding those attributes, if they don't already exist, to Ignition --- similar to the article I had provided.

BlacKnight
New Contributor
Thanks so much for your reply!

Would you please elaborate on what's the RADIUS dictionary and how to find the vendor numerical ID?

(I've contacted Meraki support but they didn't get what's the RADIUS dictionary & vendor ID)

Will this link below helps:

http://www.adminsub.net/mac-address-finder/meraki

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee
Quick response. You can always add a new vendor and new selection of attribute value pairs specific to that vendor under the Vendors listing. Meraki may simply not have been included in the default selection available in any shipping Ignition release.

Please see GTAC KB https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/000037372 for an example on how to add another vendor to Ignition. In this case, this was adding now ExtremeWireless IdentiFi to Ignition releases prior to 9.5.x (where they were included by default).

You will have to obtain the RADIUS dictionary from your vendor and their numerical vendor ID.
GTM-P2G8KFN