cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAC GW loses resolved IP

NAC GW loses resolved IP

Gabriel_Bagita
New Contributor II
We have a captive wireless clients, which are registering by the captive portal running on a NAC GW. When the client ends the registration process, I can see the resolved IP address of the client in the NAC console, but after a short time, about 10-20 seconds the IP address is gone and I get a "MAC to IP resolution Failed" in the Extended State and "Unable to resolve IP address using SNMP, NetBIOS, or DHCP" in the State Description fields. But when I check the clients report on the EWC console, the client's IP is shown.
3 REPLIES 3

Mohanakrishnan_
Extreme Employee
Hi,

Follow the config checks mentioned in this article. Configuring DHCP helper IP address as NAC in your default gateway may solve the problem.
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/NAC-IPhost-resolution-failing-on-some-cl...

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
If the EWC is acting as your DHCP server, ensure that you have enabled the NAC integration in the Global Tab.
If you are using a external DHCP server, add the NAC as a second IP helper address in the routed interface.

EWC is not a DHCP server. It is a default GW for the vlan the client is connected, so I can't set a relay server on it.
GTM-P2G8KFN