cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 802.11ac wave II deployment issues.

New 802.11ac wave II deployment issues.

Christopher_Dav
New Contributor II
We are rolling out a new wireless deployment. New 802.11ac wave II AP's on a pair of 5210 controllers. We currently have some AP's cycling on and off. The POE utilization on the SSA they are plugged into is only around 30%.

Additionally some areas we are having client machines connect to AP's very far away even though they may be standing right near an AP broadcasting the same SSID.

Any advice would be appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9

Christopher_Dav
New Contributor II
Put a ticket in to GTAC, with our AP traces. Currently pending a firmware update... they said that it appears to be a memory leak.

Jeff_White1
New Contributor
I ran into this issue and GTAC has a fix for it coming out with the next firmware. If you open a ticket and provide the AP traces, they will mostly issue you an AP image with the patch in it. They did this for us and our customer hasn't had an issue since. Apparently "excessive" broadcast traffic causes the reboots...

Christopher_Dav
New Contributor II
It worked fine on our old wireless deployment on older model AP's. Only started when we transitioned.

I'm wondering if the AP cycling could be causing the client to prefer a distant connection over a closer one.

We have a high density deployment so our cell sizes are about as small as they are going to get.

The probe suppression is an option. I want to stop the AP cycling first so we have a baseline to go from without changing too many things at once.

GTM-P2G8KFN