cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Intenet Connection

No Intenet Connection

rashan_jones
New Contributor

We have Aerohive AP250’s and Extreme B5 and X450 switches.  On certain AP’s, devices (mostly Chromebooks) can connect to the SSID, receive IP Address, subnet mask and gateway via DHCP but  do not have an internet connection.  If the user takes the device to a different area they connect just fine.  

I’m not sure if it’s an issue with the switch or the AP.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?

2 REPLIES 2

rashan_jones
New Contributor

Perfect!  I will do that.  Thank you so much!

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

To troubleshoot the AP side of things, you could enable Auth debugs, try to connect with the same client in a working and non-working location, and then pull tech data to get detailed logs on the authentication attempts. If you attach those logs to a support case, along with the MAC address of the device that you used to test, our engineers can take a look at let you know what they find. If you’d rather send the tech data over to me, I can take a look as well, please feel free to email the logs and the MAC address to community@extremenetworks.com if you’d like.  

This guide reviews how to set up and run Auth debugs: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?n=000046451&q=Auth%20debugs

GTM-P2G8KFN