cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless bridge and controller

wireless bridge and controller

Marty
New Contributor

so i inherited a situation where we have one wireless controller and multiple sites using this controller (V2110) via ipsec tunnels. needless to say that when the main that connection is broken, the remote sites lose their connection which is a critical failure for the one site. they only have wireless bridges communicating between their buildings which is basically SCADA driven. is there a way i can set these bridges to not be reliant on the controller without getting another? there are only 7 APs and they are building a new plant in a few years in which fiber will be run. so basically looking for a cheap to free stop gap solution to isolate them from this architectural nightmare. even better is that someone setup this up using 4 to 3 incoming p2p bridges instead of a p2mp.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gareth_Mitchell
Extreme Employee

Hi Marty

If I understood your question correctly, you might find this article useful: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000082623

-Gareth

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Gareth_Mitchell
Extreme Employee

Hi Marty

If I understood your question correctly, you might find this article useful: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000082623

-Gareth

Ovais_Qayyum
Extreme Employee

Hi Marty,

I am not sure if I understood this correctly.

So, you have a site with the controller and then a few more remote sites with APs. These remote site are connected to the central site via wireless PTP bridges which are Extreme APs managed by the same controller, is this assumption correct?

Are you saying that when a remote site loses its connection with the main site (when PTP link is offline), all the APs on that remote site stop working?  

Sorry, but before I can suggest something I am trying to understand your scenario. 

Regards,

Ovais

GTM-P2G8KFN