Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X460-G2 & Policy Manager: End User Sessions Username missing

X460-G2 & Policy Manager: End User Sessions Username missing

LeoP1
Contributor
Hi Guys,

I'm playing with EXOS 16.1, X460-G2 and Policy Manager / NAC ( NetSight 6.3) in my LAB and I found something odd.

When a user authenticates to any port of the X460-G2, in the Policy Manager Network Elements Tab -> Port Usage -> End User Sessions the Username shows as N/A (as Session ID).

In the old RED gear, it shows as expected but not on the new gear.

Looking at the X460-G2 console's, using a "show netlogin" the username is there...

When I added the switch to NAC Manager, it shows up the username with no problems.

I have customers with large B5's installed base, and some will now start using X450-G2/X460-G2, and many have no NAC, and use PM to find the username authenticated at ports.

Any ideas? Something still missing in this version?

Best regards,

-Leo
13 REPLIES 13

LeoP1
Contributor
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the guide...

I've double checked the config I've created with your guide and looks the same, but I'm still missing something...

The "show xml-notification statistics" is showing a "Connection Status: fail"...

The configured user for xml-notifications can access the Oneview interface.

Something that can be relevant: the customer's Netsight install don't have a valid certificate (Netsight auto generated cert) configured to accept all certs (server and client).

Any ideias?

Best regards

StephenW
Extreme Employee
Leonardo,

Thanks for being very patient. I have created a new article just for your situation. Go through it and let me know if it worked for you.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-use-EXOS-and-IDM-to-see-end-systems...

Stephen

Thanks, good catch! It's fixed now.

Hi Stephen,

I think there is a typo regarding the SSH module in the article. You wrote:
EXOS 16.2 and 21.1 and older have SSH already installed.
Should it not be EXOS 16.2 and 21.1 and newer have SSH already installed?

Thanks,
Erik

LeoP1
Contributor
Hi Stephen,

I've tried following the guide but it still not working (on "OneView" or PM).

Any ideas?

Best regards,

-Leo
GTM-P2G8KFN