Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X460-G2 & Policy Manager: End User Sessions Username missing

X460-G2 & Policy Manager: End User Sessions Username missing

LeoP1
Contributor
Hi Guys,

I'm playing with EXOS 16.1, X460-G2 and Policy Manager / NAC ( NetSight 6.3) in my LAB and I found something odd.

When a user authenticates to any port of the X460-G2, in the Policy Manager Network Elements Tab -> Port Usage -> End User Sessions the Username shows as N/A (as Session ID).

In the old RED gear, it shows as expected but not on the new gear.

Looking at the X460-G2 console's, using a "show netlogin" the username is there...

When I added the switch to NAC Manager, it shows up the username with no problems.

I have customers with large B5's installed base, and some will now start using X450-G2/X460-G2, and many have no NAC, and use PM to find the username authenticated at ports.

Any ideas? Something still missing in this version?

Best regards,

-Leo
13 REPLIES 13

StephenW
Extreme Employee
Leo,

I think you need to enable identity management(IDM) with Kerberos snooping on the switch in order to get any username information without NAC. I believe Netsight only looks at IDM data and not netlogin data.

Here is a KCS article on how to setup IDM with Netsight and NAC. It should give you the configurations to use for a non NAC deployment.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-configured-Identity-Management-for-...

User guide link as well:
http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/exos/EXOS_21_1/Identity_Management/c_configuring-identity-m...

Let me know if you get it working.

Stephen

LeoP1
Contributor
Hi guys,

Any news?

Best regards,

-Leo

Wow...sorry this one has fallen through the cracks Leo.

We'll make sure we get you a response here.

LeoP1
Contributor
Hello guys,

It's about 10 months and no answer... Any info?

Now I'm deploying a PoC with X460G2 on a customer large B5 installed base (XOS 21 and ECC 7) and the Username still not showing up...

Best regards,

_Leo
GTM-P2G8KFN