cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add trusted domain radius?

Add trusted domain radius?

cotosd
New Contributor

Hello all, we have a pair of C5210 wireless controllers that have our domain Radius server configured. My company has established a trust with another domain. Is it possible to add a Radius server from a trusted domain?

Basically, I’d like to have all users connect to a specific ssid using their AD credentials to authenticate. Sorry if this is a newb question, I’m still learning the ropes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

As far as I understand your scenario, you are willing to define another RADIUS server under VNS > Global > Authentication. RADIUS communication doesn’t need as much prerequisites as LDAP communication. As long as another RADIUS server can check credentials in scope of your interest in the backend, the controller just needs to be added to a RADIUS client list on that server.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

cotosd
New Contributor

Good to know, thank you!

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

As far as I understand your scenario, you are willing to define another RADIUS server under VNS > Global > Authentication. RADIUS communication doesn’t need as much prerequisites as LDAP communication. As long as another RADIUS server can check credentials in scope of your interest in the backend, the controller just needs to be added to a RADIUS client list on that server.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

GTM-P2G8KFN