cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP 3805i icmp high value

AP 3805i icmp high value

Giuseppe_Montan
Contributor
Good Morning, we have lots AP3805i and the customer notified me that the icmp from lan network to ASCOM i62 phone near the access points is to high.
I have -40dbm value on the phone ( i am at 2 mt from Acces Point )
The power is dynamic and the channel is fixed

a84a3052587c44af996d7fadd59d4fae_RackMultipart20170404-128670-18zkmyg-ICMP_Variabile_inline.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

Giuseppe_Montan
Contributor
We have V2110 with version 10.21.02.0017.
Only phones are affecting by this problem.
We are investigating on a configuration Phones ( sometimes I have no access on a phone while I am in front of the access point )

I have the document and i followed the instruction. I think to open a ticket to a tac, we have 78 Access point and we have problems only with a phones

When I had my issues it was everything, and it was when running 10.11.02.0032. So your firmware is probably not the issue.

Are you running the latest software on the phone?

ASCOM seems to do a good job with documentation. They have some resources that might be useful if you haven't looked at them yet.
I would try to get that Interop report. Maybe contact ASCOM support directly if your reseller cannot help you. That document should provide you with what ASCOM has done to test their devices with Extreme products, and how you can tweak the Extreme settings to handle those specific phones.

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor
Are you sure it's only phones, and not everything? I'm sure it's most noticeable on a phone conversation, but see if it's affecting *all* devices.

I had terrible ping times rather randomly, across my entire network several months back and a firmware update resolved it. Also - what firmware are you running on your controller?

Gareth_Mitchell
Extreme Employee
Giuseppe

Keep in mind power save on the device, most likely, ICMP is low priority to the phone, voice is not. What DTIM are you using?

-Gareth
GTM-P2G8KFN