cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP radio active status does not update on 2nd controller after taken out of load group of 1st controller

AP radio active status does not update on 2nd controller after taken out of load group of 1st controller

Christopher_Tay
Contributor
We have 2 C5210s in high availability pair running version 10.51.04. When we remove a VNS from the load groups on the controller to which they are assigned the radios remain checked and greyed out on the VNS WLAN screen of the other controller.
Synchronize is enabled.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Umut_Aydin
Extreme Employee
Hi Chris,

sorry for the misunderstanding..I got it now.

I need to update both of my EWC to the newest code but tested it with the 10.51.03 and it's working for me.
If I remove the VNS from the load group it will get removed also on the WLAN Service screen on that AP'S as weel. It takes some seconds but it's working.

It seems it's broken in 10.51.04.

Could you please open a case and GTAC can work on this.

Thank you.

Regards

Umut

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Umut_Aydin
Extreme Employee
Hi Chris,

sorry for the misunderstanding..I got it now.

I need to update both of my EWC to the newest code but tested it with the 10.51.03 and it's working for me.
If I remove the VNS from the load group it will get removed also on the WLAN Service screen on that AP'S as weel. It takes some seconds but it's working.

It seems it's broken in 10.51.04.

Could you please open a case and GTAC can work on this.

Thank you.

Regards

Umut

Christopher_Tay
Contributor
Hello Umut
We actually don't use sites. We have radio preference load groups set up that reflect geographical areas of the building, we are a convention centre. When we want to deploy a custom VNS for an event we add the VNS to the load group and that activates the SSID on all the APs in that load group. When the event is finished we remove the VNS from the load groups it was applied to which removes the SSID. When we remove the VNS from the load group the check boxes on the VNS screen disappear on the controller that the load group belongs to however the the radio check boxes remain, and are greyed out, on the VNS screen of our second controller. When looking at the AP from the AP screen the VNS has been removed.

Umut_Aydin
Extreme Employee

7649a09443e04f6caf279e002bca515d_b617f188-ebfa-4a73-9930-50ed3c7fbcd2.jpg

Umut_Aydin
Extreme Employee
Ihttps://
GTM-P2G8KFN