cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP3805i, AP3825i and AP3610i Radiation patterns.

AP3805i, AP3825i and AP3610i Radiation patterns.

Rahman_Duran1
New Contributor III
Hi,

I know there is "External Antenna Site Preparation and Installation" document on extranet which covers all external antenna radiation patterns and installation notes. But I can't seem to find any document about internal antenna models.

So does these models radiate like spheres or like donut shape like external omni antennas? What is the best method to install them? Ceilings or brick wall mount? most of our 3610 and 3825 models are mounted to walls becouse it was easy to mount but I wonder if we could get better coverage if we mount them to ceilings.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Roaming_24_7
New Contributor
They radiate with a spherical pattern. Mounting on a wall vertically will only gain you better coverage if you are going for coverage on two floors. We are on the process of installing 200 + APs mostly in an outdoor environment. We have installed about 30% but have only turned up one AP for testing in an office environment. We are working on compliance items before we can go to production. We have high acceptance criteria requirements and density requirements. Looking forward to testing and validation. This is going to be our first experience with Extreme gear.
GTM-P2G8KFN