cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridged@AP connected client cannot obtain DHCP address from the local Cisco ASA 5505?

Bridged@AP connected client cannot obtain DHCP address from the local Cisco ASA 5505?

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor
I have a Cisco ASA 5505 with an Extreme 3825i plugged into it. I am pushing a VNS with a WLAN which requires zero authentication (trying to start off EASY). Right now I have it set in Bridged@AP mode, as I am trying to establish a guest network at the local site level.

I can see the SSID, and join it just fine, but I can never obtain a DHCP address. I am sort of at a loss here. There doesn't really seem to be much to configure? I can choose to tag/untag the port. But this is a Cisco ASA 5505 and there are only two VLAN's I am permitted to use, which is '1' for the local net, and '2' for the external NIC. I have tried setting it to tagged and untagged, but to no avail. When I run a packet capture while connecting, it appears that I am sending discover's to an empty room.

When I plug into the wired network - I get an address right away. I have determined that there are no licensing problems or filters on the ASA. But I have to wonder if it's just ignoring this traffic for some reason.

24 REPLIES 24

Martin_Perez
New Contributor
Hi , Can you help me ? I need a connection between the AP remote office and ECW across internet, can give me more information ?, I see that you have experience in the case. Thank you.

Hi Steve, I already followed the steps you taught me and its working now. The remote AP could already access the controller in HO. But when you look at the AP availability menu you cant see the AP as available. Is it possible to control the AP in the remote site running on b@AP via the HO controller? And also instead of putting public IP in the AP is it possible to use domain name instead?

Hi Carlo, I don't have anything special defined there in my firewall config. I have a rule that allows any traffic on the inside to any destination on the outside. I think that is how most people set things up?

Hey you are a Master! , thank you so much. Your tutorial is complete for me, now is Up the system.
GTM-P2G8KFN