cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C5210 Controller is not updating AP settings.

C5210 Controller is not updating AP settings.

Laura
New Contributor III

C5210 controller: 2 controllers-Primary and a Foreign
APs are 3605/3610
Software: 09.21.10.0005

Our APs' ip address settings are not updating in the conttoller. Channel and Tx Power settings are not showing up either. I already checked; the APs are not active or need to be released from the other controller. I can find them in the Brocade data switch, we moved the APs to the wireless vlan. The switch and router are showing me correct info, but the controller is not updating the APs new settings. How do I fix this?

I also noticed when I am adding new APs, they are showing up first in the Primary controller as "pending". The primary cont. is full, but why aren't they showing up in the Secondary(Foreign) controller first?

5 REPLIES 5

Joshua_Puusep
New Contributor III
I believe the channel and Tx Power info will only populate on the Local controller. Make sure that your secondary controller is allowing all wireless ap's to connect by going to the AP tab>Global>Registration and selecting "Allow all Wireless APs to connect". This setting is independent on each controller in a pair.

You should then be able to release the AP to the secondary controller and approve it if necessary, unless there is another issue at hand.
GTM-P2G8KFN