cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot ping management IP of identifi controller

Cannot ping management IP of identifi controller

Sai_Prasad_Rao_
New Contributor III
I just unboxed identifi controller, I am trying to ping to the controller mgmt IP- 192.168.10.1 from pc but no ping..... as per setup guide I have configured my pc with IP - 192.168.10.10/24 and connected to management port..... I am using straight cable......
11 REPLIES 11

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor
I know that this is an old thread - but I just unboxed a C5210 yesterday and had this same experience. Do you remember what support said?

I fumbled around for 30 minutes or so trying different cables, using a small unmanaged switch instead of a direct connection, disabling my wireless and virtual VPN NIC's, etc. Then, out of nowhere I could reach the server having just let it sit for 15 minutes or so.

After going through the wizard and setting the initial two IP addresses, I lost connection to the box (to be expected). But then I couldnt' reconnect to it on it's new address. So I fumbled with that for a while, eventually hooking up my laptop again and going through the same thing of not being able to reach it with an IP from the same subnet.

Then I just happened to try the 192.168.10.0/24 network and the 192.168.10.1 management IP, and it worked! So it seems that when it should have changed the IP address, it didn't for some reason. However - I did force-reboot the box at some point too when I was getting desperate and worried. Not sure if that is what happened to the OP in this thread.

I should be in good shape now, because I don't think I will have problems connecting in (post-wizard) and setting things the way I want. But I thought I would share my experience in case others run into this.

Thanks for following up Steve....with humor at that. Glad you got it working.

My problems were that I was dumb. 1) I was not completing the wizard. When it said that your connection was getting dropped after changing the IP, it meant after clicking next a few more times. 2) I had a choke point upstream that wasn't allowing my VLAN through.

Extreme identify wireless is a big let down compared to other extreme wireless products with tons of bugs , no proper support even from escalation staff...... Still there are customers facing several issues and till date no resolutions for most of the issues..... Any how if your wireless network is not pathetic after going for identify wireless.... I would be the happiest person ever on earth...... Any ways thanks for sharing your experience...... Happy networking!!!!!!
GTM-P2G8KFN