Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captive portal NAC + Apple Devices OSX

Captive portal NAC + Apple Devices OSX

Tiago_Molinos
New Contributor II
Hi there,

we've been setting up a wireless lan solution with NAC + a couple of identify controllers.
At the moment we're fine tunning the guest network.

I'm running the latest NAC appliance software and version 9.21.04 on the controllers (5110 + v2110).

Right now I'm concerned with two different problems:

1 - Whenever I try to connect an Apple OSX device, it pops up an error:

If I ignore the error and go straight to the browser and open a random page then the portal appears and I can register a device. After the registration is successful I end up in problem #2.

2 - On all Apple devices, after the registration is successful the device never renews the IP address and the eventually an error in the portal is displayed. If I manually reconnect to the network than it gets the correct IP address.

Any suggestion?

Best Regards,

Tiago

25 REPLIES 25

Is there anyway that you could post your "Unregistered" Policy rules?

Joseph_Burnswor
New Contributor III
I forgot to mention, to enable the auto Login under VNS > Global > Client Autologin

4c2c56217238460a85ba95b7d94a2ed0_RackMultipart20151229-30913-xpr16b-Auto_Login_inline.png

This should help with that. Sorry I forgot to add that above

Tiago_Molinos
New Contributor II
Hi!

I've set up the "A" record and the EWC. For now I would say that the only difference is the looks. I really like to have a DNS name instead of an IP. So thanks for the advice!

I haven't been able to make the OSX popup work yet, not even with the DNS name. It still shows the same window I posted on my first post.

Oh, and for the popup to show I have to configure the "apple.com" domain in the allowed domains. If not it doesn't even kick-in.

Tiago

I am very happy to have suggested that to you! I forgot one step in my Mac deployments. Ill post it in another comment 🙂

Joseph_Burnswor
New Contributor III
This is on Extreme Networks Controller and NAC. The external redirect is configured on the Controller. VNS > WLAN Services > > Auth & Acct.

a258e61ec4b84854897eee1b6331ec84_RackMultipart20151228-22853-14tqewg-GuestSetting_inline.png

In the redirection URL, I have placed a DNS entry for my NAC appliance. I have an "A" record to point at my NAC appliance. Also int our controller we allow Port 53 TCP for HTTPS/DNS highjacking to assist with the redirect. This has helped us with our redirects tremendously on Apple devices. This has also worked with the latest iOS and OSX
GTM-P2G8KFN