cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients are disconnected from AP3715i-based wireless network

Clients are disconnected from AP3715i-based wireless network

Robert_Zdzieblo
Contributor II
We have a WiFi deployment at the customer site, consisting of 30 pcs. of 3715i APs and 5 pcs. of 3805i and EWC v2110 controller. EWC software is 09.21.05.0007. There are four SSID's and they are secured by WPA2-PSK.

The are six 3715i APs in the office building, where clients are complaining about that they loosing connectivity at random intervals. This is rather not the coverage issue, cause coverage is pretty well. It is probably (?) not roaming issue as well, as it apllies to laptops laying down on the table for hours.

I don't really know how to start to investigate the issue and I am just asking for some directions from GTAC.

The wired infrastructure is built using C- nad B-series Extreme switches (if this info could be useful somehow); there is NetSight and NAC in passive mode.

REGARDS, Robert
11 REPLIES 11

Gareth, thank you for your explanation. How to open a GTAC case ? I never did it.

Robert

The AP trace file is constantly logging, retrieving the trace produces a tarball of the logs and uploads it to your browser for GTAC to analyse.

Is the problem restricted to this particular building you mention above, if so how is the building connected back to where the controllers are? Do all the AP's in this building have the issue at exactly the same time, perhaps there is some other network disturbance, spanning tree etc?

As Doug already mentioned, grab the tech supports and AP trace file and open a case, it will be useful to have a diagram to understand how the controllers and AP's connect.

-Gareth

In the EWC events I have following entries: "Wireless AP session poll disconnect Wireless AP session timed out. (AP SN 14361961085L0000 AP NAME B05 AP IP 10.99.110.14 timeout 45 secs (active tunnel))". It repeats for all six interesting APs in the building.

For what period of time the trace is collected ? Can I set the time interval ?
GTM-P2G8KFN