cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring ports on AP3912

Configuring ports on AP3912

Dave_Dicken
New Contributor
So I'm trying to set up this new 3912 AP which is working fine as an AP. However, I'm trying to see what I can hang off of the ports (P1, P2, P3/POE) and having some difficulty. I manage this AP with v2110 controllers and apparently you have to add a WLAN to the port you desire to connect to. This seems odd since we're not talking WLANs any more since we connecting by cable, are we? I was able to get it working by selecting one of our existing WLANs. However, the functionality seems limited. What if I need the POE port to power a phone which is on a VLAN that is not on one of our existing WLANs?? (and why would a phone be on a WLAN??). ...or we also have a management VLAN that I'm not able to access from one of our existing WLANs. Do I have to add WLANs that include VLANs typically reserved for wired devices?

Is there any documentation that covers the 3912s?

Thanks,
Dave
5 REPLIES 5

Sree_Pattabiram
Extreme Employee
Hi Dave,

You might be able to find some information on the issue you are facing in the 3912 Installation Guide. You can access the guide at http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/wireless/AP_Guides/AP3912/Wireless_Hardware/AP3912_Install_...

Hope this helps!

Sree
GTM-P2G8KFN