cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterasys 3605 blinking red and green

Enterasys 3605 blinking red and green

Laura4
New Contributor II
I have Enterasys AP 3605. I approved it and it was working fine last week. This week, the controller says it's down. The AP is plugged in, but blinking red and green. Does anyone know what caused the AP to go down? I checked the log and it said poll timeout, but I have had other APs do that and come back up by releasing them from the backup controller. I tried rebooting it remotely, but that didn't do anything, and it's not active in the backup controller.
9 REPLIES 9

Laura
New Contributor III
no, but i checked the data drop, and is it good and handing out the correct address.

Doug
Extreme Employee
Have you tried moving the ap to a known good port where a working ap currently is?
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Laura
New Contributor III
I am no sure. Not really familiar with what 802.1x is. My manger just changed out our old Cisco switches with new Brocades. All the APS were up and running before the swap. Now 3 APs are blinking red and green.

Doug
Extreme Employee
The port the ap was plugged into on your switch, was it configured for 802.1x authentication? You can authenticate the access point if all the configuration parameters are setup on the ap.
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Laura
New Contributor III
L1 is blinking red
L2 is off
L3 is blinking green
L4 is off
a chart i read, says this means "failed 802.1x Authentication"
What does that mean for the AP?

GTM-P2G8KFN