Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExtremeCloud - Policy Based on Layer 7 Applications

ExtremeCloud - Policy Based on Layer 7 Applications

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
Hi All

I Attended the Extreme Cloud Management Webinar yesterday.
I really like to ability to apply policies based on layer 7 applications.

I have a few questions regarding this.

1. It is great to see the L7 Policies in the cloud but when will this be available for a "onsite deployment" (NMS,NAC,PV and V2110 onsite)

2. The Webinar showed the L7 policies, when will this be available for public use? If I connect to my Wireless Cloud account I can only create policies up to L4.

Regards
Andre
17 REPLIES 17

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
Hi All

Can you perhaps release any more information on this upcoming feature?
Any documentation?

Thx

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
Hi Thomas

Great news, perhaps you can answer some more questions:

From the Webinar currently 3 AP models is supported:
the 3805 - cloud ready and then the 39xx series, will all of them support the L7 applications?
Will you be looking at adding a 3825 cloud ready AP and will this also support L7 applications?

For the on premise deployments will the full 38xx and 39xx series support this L7 feature or only the flow based 39xx series?

Apologies for all the questions but this is a great feature and long overdue.

Thx

Hi Thomas

This is indeed very exciting news!!!!
I can already see a host of possible new clients that will be very interested in this feature.
Would it be possible to share some documentation on the new Code that will support this?

Hi Andre,

Below are the answers to your questions:
  • 3805i-FCC/RoW, 3935i-FCC/RoW and 3965i-FCC/RoW all support application visibility and control when managed from the Cloud.
  • AP3825 is not on the roadmap to be Cloud-ready at this point.
  • For on-premise, our objective is for all 38xx and 39xx wireless access points to support application visibility and control.
  • New capabilities are indeed introduced on the latest version of the controller - i.e. v10
Best,

Last question, I presume this will be supported with the latest version 10 Controller code and Version 7 of Netsight.
GTM-P2G8KFN